The St. Thomas Police Service
Announces a Selection Process for
Business Office Clerk
1 Full Time Permanent Position – St. Thomas Police Civilian Collective Agreement
The St. Thomas Police Service is accepting applications for the position of Business Office Clerk.
This position involves data entry of all police reports on the records management system; all UCR coding and linking of information on police computer systems; maintenance and updating of all clerical documents; general reception duties, answering phone calls and any other requests for service, compilation and required reporting of all statistical data for the Police Service; processing and completion of all Freedom of Information requests; processing and completion of all record checks as requested; processing and completion of all charge packages, crown briefs, and related documentation required for the court services; destruction of documentation in relation to the Service Retention by-laws; processing and completion of all clerical duties in relation to Provincial Offences, Motor Vehicle Accident reports etc.; all CPIC maintenance, query and validation in accordance with the CPIC guidelines; input court docket information for continuing and completed charges; redaction related duties as required and any other clerical duties as required and assigned.
• Post-Secondary Education – Diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, or equivalent. College level or University education in executive level/professional office administration is a preferred qualification.
• Must possess excellent public relations skills and customer service skills.
• Must possess effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to exercise good judgement.
• Experience working in a computerized environment including knowledge of word processing, data base systems, file management and electronic emails is required.
• An understanding of CPIC and OPTIC police computer systems preferred but not mandatory.
• Must have the ability to manage and effectively respond to stressful situations.
• Must be honest and trustworthy.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Flexibility for work schedule necessary.
Additional Qualifications Considered to be Assets but are not Required:
• Prior experience in a police environment or professional office administrative role.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Professional, or working with database management systems.
• Experience working with sensitive information/processes/systems.
*This hiring opportunity will integrate succession-planning aspects into the selection process. We are committed to ensuring that our recruitment efforts reflect the many critical roles within our organization and that potential candidates will be assessed for traits and specialized skills that are key qualities to be considered for advancement opportunities in the future.
Compensation and Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday – Salary and benefits in accordance with the St. Thomas Police Civilian Collective Agreement.
A cover letter and resume including your educational degree/diploma/certificate must be received by the St. Thomas Police Service by Friday, December 09, 2022 by 4:00 p.m. by email to Alison Barrie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail delivery to:
St. Thomas Police Service
Constable Colin McGregor Building
45 Caso Crossing
St. Thomas, Ontario N5R 0G7
Please note: an email reply acknowledging receipt will be sent to each applicant.