Author picture

October 16, 2018

STPS were busy fielding fifty eight calls for service over the last twenty four hours. Some of those calls for service include:
A nineteen year old man was arrested by security at the London Court House after learning he was wanted by the St. Thomas Police Service on a warrant. The man had attended a court appearance for an unrelated matter when he was taken into custody. The man was held by London Court Security until he could be transferred to St. Thomas for processing. The man was wanted for one count of Assault Cause Bodily Harm stemming from an incident that took place back on July 27th when the accused and his twenty three year old accomplice lured a twenty three year old victim to the parking lot of the old Giant Tiger Store on Talbot Street and assaulted him. The man was held in custody at the Colin McGregor Justice Building for a Court Appearance.

Driver Disobeys School Bus Lights
A driver was charged yesterday after he passed a school bus dropping off students yesterday after school. The bus was west bound on Kains Street at a full stop with the lights activated and the stop bar extended when a black Chrysler Mini Van approached the bus from behind, pulled out and passed it also heading west bound. The school bus driver recorded the license plate of the vehicle and forwarded it to police. Officers tracked down the owner of the vehicle and attended the residence to serve the fine. Failing to Stop For a School Bus carries a fine of $490 and six demerit points.
Wanted Man Arrested
Officers have arrested a man wanted for two counts of Theft Under $5000. Thirty six year old Robert Smith from Port Stanley was observed by police walking down Stokes Road last night around 10:30 pm when they took him into custody. The warrant for Smith’s arrest stems from an incident back on September 12th when Smith was recorded on security video shoplifting from both the Walmart and Canadian Tire Stores. Smith had attended Walmart and walked out with over one hundred dollars worth of meat hidden in a reusable shopping bag. Smith then attended Canadian Tire and selected a hockey bag which he proceeded to fill with several stolen items from the store and walk out without paying. Smith was later released on a Promise to Appear in Court.

Share this post