Author picture

Media for Monday October 7, 2019

Vehicle Theft
On October 4th police received a report of a stolen Ford F150 from a Fairview Ave. residence. Investigation revealed that a 16 year old male and a 15 year old female were responsible for the theft. On October 5th the stolen vehicle was recovered and the two young offenders turned themselves into police. The youth were charged with one count of Theft and released to the care of their parents.

On Sunday October 6, 2019 at around 1:30 p.m. police were called about an assault on a young child. Investigation revealed that a 22 year old male had been observed striking a child, while the child sat in a stroller. Police located the male a short distance away and he was arrested and charged with one count of Assault. The child did not sustain any physical injury and was turned over to the care of a relative. The 22 year old male was later released with conditions and a future court date.

Found Property
The St. Thomas Police recovered a remote controlled helicopter drone on Sunday October 6th after a resident on First Ave. called to report finding it in their backyard. If you are the owner, you can contact the St. Thomas Police at 519-631-1224 to arrange an appointment to come into the station to identify the property.

On October 6th at 9:55 pm Police arrested 33 year old Mathew Irwin on the strength of two probation warrants. Irwin was found riding a bike that when queried came back stolen on the 529 Garage bike registry. Irwin was also found to be in possession of a small quantity of crystal meth and a number of debit and credit cards that did not belong to him. As a result Irwin is charged with one count of Possession of Drugs, Possession of Stolen Property and three counts of Breach of Probation. The accused was later released with a future court date.

In the early morning hours of Monday October 7th police while on patrol came across 35 year old Jeremy Leblanc who was wanted on a probation warrant. Leblanc was arrested on the strength of the warrant and taken into custody. He was later released on a promise to Appear.

Share this post